Thursday, September 6, 2012

Joel



Oh Joel! Joel is a goofy kid. I remember one of the first nights I was there all the kids got new toothbrushes and they ran out of small ones so Joel graduated to an adult sized toothbrush! Haha he was ecstatic. His eyes were so wide and he was so proud it made my heart glow! It was as if he finally reached a sort of manhood. He is the second oldest boy at the Rafiki home and he, like Joshua, is becoming a leader for the rest of the kids. Joel likes dinosaurs and lions. He likes art too! He is really an artist! He is 6 years old and he already understands foreground and background. Pretty impressive! Joel is so sweet. I love tucking him in at night and hearing him say I love you. His smile is so cute. You can tell he is going to be a handsome man one day! Joel is really independent and he’s good at following directions so he was really good at all our art projects and activities. I miss Joel’s sweet curiosity. He would always be asking me more about the things I would teach them or about what I meant when I said something. He is such a sweetheart.



No comments:

Post a Comment