Friday, August 10, 2012

"my nails are boo-T-fullll"

Carol, Annet, Esther


One afternoon I painted sixty toe nails and sixty fingernails! It may have been a little harder than I had anticipated. It was right after nap time and everyone was a tad bit fussy at first. It took the girls a really long time to decide which color each of them wanted. While trying to convise Fauziya that the sooner she picks the sooner her nails will look pretty, I look over and Esther is bumping the red polish with her bottom (which should not be on the table in the first place) and I caught the bottle in mid air! Both Emma and Jerom are wailing "I want to be a girl" because I just explained to them that nail polish is for girls only no boys allowed so I ran upstairs and got a big bouncy ball for boys only to settle them down. Annet was crying because Carol just ruined 3 of her freshly painted green toes by stepping on them while reaching to rip the pink polish out of Fauziya's hands.  And Brenda is laughing histerically at the fact that Joshua just popped the boys only ball on the fense and she's shoving her hands in my face to paint them next. Phew!!!

I am not exagerating!! I had to just stop and take it all in for a second. I did not want to forget anything because it was so beautifully chaotic! I loved it! It was so fun! Maybe painting that many nails is a two person job? Oh well it was wonderful!


2 comments:

  1. Oh this made me laugh - I can envision the chaos a little too easily :) I noticed their nails after I got back and thought, "wow, Jessica is one brave woman!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that was a true "Calgon, take me away" moment!

    ReplyDelete