Thursday, August 30, 2012

Nature Walks

Uganda is a beautiful place. The trees are so green and the dirt is so red. I miss that fresh smell in the air. One of my favorite things to do is go on walks and look at all the neat stuff outside! There are such amazing things out there. I took the kids on many nature walks pointing out fun things along the way. We saw some beautiful birds and butterflies! Even I learned a lot along the way! Godfrey would point out all the different kinds of trees and tell me what things the trees were used for and stuff. For a couple of seconds I would have all the kids be very still and be very quiet and we listened to all the birds sing for a little bit. That part was fun because there were so many birds and it was so loud! and the area was beautiful! Its fun to quiz them on the way asking "Who knows what animal that is?" We got to see cows, goats, chickens, sheep, and there was this one incident with ants... haha there was literally an ARMY of the most ginormous ants on earth that were swarming across our path in long lines! The kids were really scared but we grabbed the littlest ones and leaped over them with no injuries! I sometimes took a bucket with me to collect fun things with like leaves and flowers. But at the end of the walk my bucket weighed a ton because of all the rocks and branches that they somehow fit into it. haha it was truly an adventure and i love to get the kids outside of the gates of the house! even baby Abby got some fresh air with us a couple of times!



This is the area where we stopped and listened to the birds! It was beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment