Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hey everybody!
I have limited internet service but I'm still trying to write a little something every day and then uploading it when I can. Thank you for your prayers.


6/8

I did another medical clinic today with Saidel! He is also a nursing student. It was awesome we did 1,550 students at this one boarding school! I helped with de-worming again and then did SOOO MANY VITAL SIGNS! Phew…I’m so tired. Also on the way back Moses, Saidel and I picked up some fried grasshoppers! I ATE NOT JUST ONE BUT THREE OF THEM! I got my first one on video haha! We are waiting until after devo to tell everyone else and see if they will taste ‘em. They actually aren’t bad at all! It just tastes like a tiny piece of crunchy meat to me haha!
This is me and Saidel De-worming a whole class!

This is Diana. I love her! she was a student that I got to know at the boarding school.

And FRIED GRASSHOPPERS! YUMMY!

Tonight Don is sick and he had a fever and Richie, one of the volunteers, is sick too with some sort of stomach thing. He went to the hospital. Momma Esther and Sara are both sick as well. Please keep praying for everyone’s health. 

God’s been teaching me a lot about trust. Psalm 125:1 says “Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.”  I need to trust Him better. With all of everything! With my family with my life even my money. He will take care of me. People sometimes change but God never does. He is so faithful and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. How much peace that should bring us! When we trust Him, no matter what happens to us, we will not be shaken. Lord, I trust you with my life. Bring about your plans for me. Although I may be struck down, with You I will not be destroyed. I want to hold back nothing from You.

6/9
Ahh.. I love the sound of thunder. It is raining here and the thunder is so incredibly loud and rumbling. A thunder will roll for like 30 seconds at a time. It is so awesome! I love storms and how huge they sound and how powerful they are. I think they are some of the most beautiful and humbling things that God makes for us. I love when you can feel the storm-the wind blowing hard and cold water against your face. And in Uganda the thunder just fills me. I can feel it everywhere. It makes me feel so small. Weather here is amazing. I remember while I was preparing for my trip I put Kampala weather location app thing on my iphone and every time I would check it it would say 75 or 80 degrees. And I thought the temperature was wrong because Kampala’s right on the equator and I thought it should be sooo hot here. But no! It’s always around 75 degrees! They say it’s because Uganda is right next to Lake Victoria, the biggest lake in the world. So the clouds and the lake keep it cool. The weather is beautiful! But it’s a lot like Austin weather the way it changes from hour to hour. Like earlier today was sunny and pretty hot and we played outside with lion masks! But now it’s stormy.

Haha playing with masks was so great! We set up three stations that the kids rotated between. I did the lion mask station and Taylor did the bible story station which was about Daniel and the Lions Den. And Bianca did the memory verse. It was Daniel 6:23 “And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him because he had trusted in God.” Funny how it was about trust again huh? Anyways besides eating a wild chilie pepper on our walk today I’ve been doing great! I really do love life here.
Learning about Lions and the Cat Family! and making our masks!

Joshua is definitely the scariest lion of them all! he's really good at acting! haha!

Cocus lion and Carol lion getting ready to attack me!

Me and all my lion friends!

Playing lion definately kept everyone entertained for a while! Haha I got some cute video of this too maybe I can upload some when I get better internet connection.























6/10
I just went to the best church service of my life! It was so amazing! It was a day of giving. The whole church was dancing and singing and swaying and clapping! Ahh! It was so so happy! Everyone was smiling and yelling out the words to the songs as they danced down the aisle to give away their money! What a testimony! Why do we so tightly hold on to the blessings God gives us? The songs were in Luganda and another language from the North and in English. The English part was saying “God you are so good. So so good. I’m so blessed I can’t contain it, so much I gotta give it way…God you are so good to me…” They were the most cheerful and joyous givers I’ve ever seen. The offering was to help build other churches in other parts of Africa. I learned so much from them. We read through John 12 about Mary pouring the perfume on Jesus’ feet and how it was a painful, expensive offering but it was such an expression of gratitude. This is how I should be because God meets my needs every single day. Thankfulness leads to giving. And giving breaks the cycle of greed and selfishness in our lives. It was amazing to see how happy and thankful these people are. Wouldn’t it be shocking to see a church praising with all their heart as they give and give instead of holding back so much and cautiously giving just a little bit? It was like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Their generosity is such an example to me. They have so little but still chose to give so much. Please pray that I can give and give and give-my money, my time, my energy to God and to the people He puts in my life. Pray that God blesses Watoto church for their generous spirits and that we can be more thankful. Pray that God can give you and me eyes to see his wondrous works and the blessings He gives us.

Also please pray that God will protect my mind this week from fear and worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment