Sunday, May 13, 2012


For the drawing final we were suppose to draw a person from a photograph. I chose Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
People are always curious why I chose him. I wanted to draw someone who I extremely admire or have a connection to because that's what makes my art better. If I really want to express something or someone I'm passionate about it challenges me to work harder at getting it right. I don't know... If you haven't already noticed from previous posts, it's difficult for me to communicate my thoughts about things and clearly work out what exactly I'm trying to say. In bible study or even when a teacher asks the class a question I have to think through my answer for a long time before I say anything because it will just always come out all jumbled up and a lot of times completely misunderstood. Words just aren't my thing. Which is why blogging about my trip to Uganda should be interesting! I think authors and speakers are so incredibly gifted and I'm jealous of their skill. But God gave me too a way to communicate what's in my head too and that's through my art. And it doesn't always have to be some abstract piece about my angry feelings or something. Drawing from life helps me show you how much a certain detail means to me or helps communicate my passion for something also! Martin Luther King Jr. is my Hero. And drawing him was really difficult. It took me three weeks and still there is something about him that I'm just not able to catch. He was a man who fought against hate with love. His gift of writing and speaking are so incredible. The ways he portrayed his love for Christ in not only his speeches and sermons, but also with his actions are so rare. He was just a man though. Some times he grew tired and discouraged too just like me. But even still he lived with such integrity.

1 comment:

  1. okay, last post I meant beautiful about your words, this time your words and your art! why did I never know you were so talented in art? the most I knew was your never ending crochet blanket!

    ReplyDelete