Sunday, May 27, 2012

I got to skype with my mom and dad during nap time and it was very encouraging. I miss them a lot. They are so good at telling me what I need to hear. I’m so thankful that they supported me in coming to Uganda. I know the easy thing to do would’ve been to say no but they were faithful and trust in God to protect me and help me. Pray for them too though because I know it’s hard. This is Joshua in the Longhorn jersey (dad, you like him already don’t you!?) He is eight years old and very friendly to me. He likes to play lion with all the younger kids-meaning he is the lion and everyone else must run away or else get clawed. But he is very sweet and helps the younger kids with activities that are harder for them and he is an artist too! Next to Joshua is Joel. He likes to be in pictures so you guys will see more of him I’m sure.  He is five and really really sweet! These are the two oldest. Even though it was raining outside we were putting out the laundry to dry.

 I brought some foam sheets and markers and those foam sticker things! They had a blast!

Jerom

Esther

Carol

Don
Funny lion story for you – the first night when the power went off we played a game where each person takes a turn standing up and telling a really short story then sitting down and they clap and sing a little song then the next person goes. Well it was my turn and my story was “once upon a time I was flying in a plane with mamma Sara and baby Abby and I looked up and saw a huuuuuuge lion in the back of the plane and he ran up to me…(long dramatic pause)…and gave me a hug.” Anyway they couldn’t not stop laughing! They thought it was the most hilarious thing they’ve ever heard and I was almost embarrassed at how long it took them to quiet down haha so now they are always asking me about the lion I saw on the plane and making jokes. Little Carol who is 3 years old built me a plane out of Legos and pointed to my seat would be, mommy Sara’s seat and then the LION’s Seat! She thought it was so funny! 


 Me and Lois got some hang out time so we painted our nails! Who would’ve thought that nail polish could be such a blessing to her! I’m glad I thought to bring it. She only has one color and she said she is sick of it. When I brought out my bag of 11 different colors she almost fainted! Haha I’m glad to bring her such simple happiness. Later me and momma Esther and Lois and Monica will all do our nails together we already planned it! Here is a picture of Lois (she’s 18) and momma Monica. They are permanent staff at the Rafiki home and I’m so glad they are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment