Monday, May 28, 2012

I went to church yesterday! It's called Watoto church. Its pretty famous I think. The whole service is in English so that was awesome I didn't get any good pictures or videos of it this week though. The worship is very similar to ours but we did sing some African songs too. Everyone there moves their bodies while singing and are not afraid to show emotions on their faces. It was really awesome I can't wait to go back!

 
I took everyone to school with Godfrey and then cleaned all of the window bars. They get very dirty from dirt on the street or from wind because all the windows and doors are open all the time! It seems like a lot of things never get completely clean. Especially the floors. We swept and mopped and washed the windows and brushed off the furniture. I like cleaning! I think it lets me feel productive because I can see my progress. Then I just relaxed with Mama Esther and Lois and we talked a long time.  And I played with the three youngest kids who don’t go to school yet. While Mama Lois gave the kids a lesson for the day I helped Uncle Moses with laundry. Moses taught me how to wash clothes by hand the way they do in Africa. He is so good at it! I was really not… But that’s ok he thought it was funny. 


 ...and here is me...attempting.


Then we hung out the clothes to dry on the lines out front and I learned that he is 20 years old just like me! And he is Joseph’s brother! So that makes him Sara’s brother in law. And Uncle Godfrey is Joseph’s brother too! I didn’t know before!  Moses goes to “campus” and he is majoring in Business and he does not like his accounting math class. I told him that I like math and he was so surprised and thought I was lying. Haha. He is really a funny guy!

 





Here are the kids running back home from school in their uniforms!








My beautiful Lois!

funny picture of Moses!



















No comments:

Post a Comment