Wednesday, May 2, 2012


I decided to practice my blogging skills before I get to Uganda! So I am going to put some of my art on here. 
Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests
before you and wait in expectation.

This first picture is a collage I made last summer. It is based on Psalm 5:3. For those of you who don't know, last summer was a really hard time for me but at the same time so wonderful. I had to constantly wait on the Lord for answers and waiting was the hardest part. God likes to make us wait for Him and we can either freak out while we wait (which I'm not gonna lie...I did freak out a lot some days) or we can rely on Him and receive His perfect peace while we wait. 
  At one of my mom's Mary Kay meetings they talked about the book Sun Stand Still. In the book a boy and his father are at the beach and the dad lifts his son up and out of the water and tosses him above the wave just before the wave was going to hit. The Lord is like our wave jumper. Most times He doesn't lift us out of a situation when the wave is way out in the distance (that's no fun and it doesn't get us a chance to practice trust), instead He lifts us out just before we think we can't handle it anymore and just at the right moment. That's what last summer was like for me. But God proved His faithfulness and He continues to every day. He is trustworthy. I think He likes to do that when we've lost all our strength and hope in ourselves, when we are completely unable to fight any longer and our only hope is some sort of miracle- that way we know that it HAS to be Him, not us, not any power of our own that pulled us out but only Him! Waiting is the hardest thing for me to do. It took the honesty two of my closest friends for me to figure that out. "Jessica you are the most impatient person I know!" haha that's not something to be proud of. But maybe that's why God puts me in so many situations where there is nothing at all I can do but wait and pray for a miracle. And its OK to pray for a miracle!! The attitude in which we wait is very important though! I need to wait not with impatience but with expectancy. They're different I found out! I can always expect my Father to hear me and answer me because He will. Its who He is! I shouldn't expect Him to answer the way I want Him to every time because He knows better than me. But He hears and He will answer. And that should bring us all comfort!

1 comment: