Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fun at the Elizabeth house!


Today was our first visit to the Elizabeth house this year!  Mom finally got to meet her kiddos!  When I came to Elizabeth House last year I right away thought of mom and how she could be such a blessing to these kids and helping them with communicating and learning skills.  They are some of the most beautiful, precious kids I’ve ever met.  I was really  really excited to go back and mom was excited to meet the kids she’s only seen pictures of and that her heart longed for since a year ago.  When we reached the compound I felt instant peace again like I was at home.  I love these children so sooo much.  What was really neat was that one of the girls came up to me and said, “Are you Jess-ka?”  I was so amazed!  A YEAR LATER and she remembered my name!  I felt so overjoyed! For her to remember me was such a blessing!  The kids just got off from holiday so many of the kids from last year still haven’t returned to school yet but will be arriving in a week or so.  I can’t wait to introduce mom to Henry, Immaculate and Comfort!  She’s gonna love’em!  Anyways, it was really neat our program we did with the kids and seeing my mom in her element again was so awesome!  I think she’s really glad she came and she’s feeling used by God when she works with the kids with special needs, so I’m so glad!


Kailey and Maurine
Bubbles with the boys!

Esther feeding Mary


Rachel and her boys!


Moses helping play blocks!

drawing rainbows!
 
A word from Mom:

For our program for the kids we sang some songs with Uncle Moses playing the drum.  They loved dancing (those that could) and those that couldn’t had smiles on their faces.  We had brought some bells, tambourines  maracas and other instruments for them to play.  They loved that!  After singing I read the story of Noah and Uncle Moses translated into Luganda.  He  is an amazing story teller!  We had two kids come up at a time and pretend they were elephants, tigers birds and giraffes going into the ark and they were able to participate in the story.  Lunch began to arrive, so we helped feed the kids.  After lunch we went back into the classroom and played with the kids.  They had a lot of toys and books on the shelves, so we got to know the kids a little more and see what level each of them were at by playing with themIt was so much fun for me!  I felt the most comfortable here than anywhere else we have been!  I asked these 3 boys that were following me around what they  wanted to do and gave them choices using the symbols that the Women’s Bible Study helped me laminate.  They went straight to the “bubbles” symbol!  I pulled the bubbles out and started blowing and they burst into loud laughter!  I tried to go around to the other students with the bubbles but those three boys stayed “glued” to me the whole time!  I had a WONDERFUL time here!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting your activities! Say hi to your mom! Praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you could share bubbles with them! What happy memories!

    ReplyDelete