Saturday, July 13, 2013

Faithful




















I'm trying to put into words what The Lord has been teaching me this summer in Uganda. I feel like my blog can be a little unclear sometimes because I tell more about what we do rather than how I feel or what’s going on in my heart. I’m not as good at writing out those things but I think I should try.

As my good Australian friend Tom would put it – the Lord has been teaching me HEAPS!

It seems like every week (sometimes everyday) there is something new I’m supposed to be learning. One of the huge ones though is that my hope needs to be in the Lord alone. He is so faithful. He will always bring me back to Himself. I think our lives are a reflection of where we put our hope. If my hope is in anything other than Christ I’m going to fail.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

He also keeps proving His faithfulness to me. Just making it here in the first place is incredible with how much money needed to be raised. And He keeps blessing me with incredible people and conversations and He is so generous. The lord is so full of grace and forgiveness and that is my desire – to be full of His grace in every circumstance.

I want to know God. Some days I wake up and think I really don’t even know this God I’m trying to serve. But I know if I keep seeking He will reveal himself to me because He loves to show His children who He is. And even when things are really hard He gives me tiny whispers of His goodness – that if I am waiting and watching and listening I can hear.

God is good. I keep relearning this day after day. He is good no matter what and that brings me comfort because He cares and is taking care of me so much. He is good even in the midst of all the suffering in Uganda and even in my own personal sufferings. He is good.

Please pray that I can KNOW the lord and do His will. And that I will be full of grace, hope in Him alone, and remember that He is good no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment