Friday, July 5, 2013

Mom's Last Elizabeth House :)



When we arrived the kids were out playing with a parachute and on the playground


We then had our usual bible story and music and dancing!

Then we did all the stations that mom had planned for us to do while she was in with the other teachers talking to them about what they can do and answering any questions!

Bubble and Dancing station!



Emily at the reading station!
Uncle Tom at blocks!

Teresa and Meagan teaching colors!


It was awesome and I’m so thankful that mom got to talk with the teachers and encourage them. She said she started out just talking about how the bible says that children are valuable and then opened the floor for questions. She told me she was worried about bringing up certain topics that they needed to improve on because she didn’t want to be rude or anything but what was awesome is that everything she wanted to say THEY brought up themselves! So she got to tell them about how to improve each of the major areas she saw needed improvement and she didn’t even have to bring it up and have an awkward thing or anything. It sounded awesome and I knew as soon as she came out of the room that it had been awesome! Her face was so overjoyed!



A word from mom:
 I was scared, but I knew this was one of the reasons I had come to Uganda. As we talked, I learned that NONE of the staff has had any training in working with kids with special needs. They asked question after question.  They genuinely wanted to learn. As we talked, God just calmed my spirit. We met for about an hour! It was AWESOME!  As we finished, the Director had the staff lay hands on me and pray for me.  What a blessing!!!!!  Of course, I was in tears and so humbled by their appreciation.  Then it was time to tell the children goodbye and take pictures.  I cried on the way home, because I don't know if I will see these children again this side of Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment