Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Word of Life


I went to Agelina’s clinic on the day we dropped mom off at the airport. I was so sad and really having a hard time but I think it really helped that I was doing something rather than taking the whole day off. At the clinic I was expecting to get to do a lot of nursing stuff and have lots of patient interactions and things but I ended up just making cottonballs for the other nurses and folding gauze rectangles.  Haha sometimes that is just how it goes!


The clinic is attached to a nutritional center behind. It’s a really neat program that helps families with malnourished kids and lets them get free education and free food. Its really neat. So after the not-so-nursing duties were completed I headed down there to see if there was anything that they needed help with. One of the ladies told me about a small group they offer once a month called Word of Life for all the mothers who have children in this program. The word of life group was meeting that very day so I asked if I could stay and just meet everyone. It turned out to be so super awesome. They read some scripture and then shared their struggles and I got to pray for all of these women. It was so awesome and very refreshing. How neat that the day my mom leaves I get to be with a room full of mothers who prayed for me and shared their lives with me.




Please keep these ladies in your prayers. All of them are so precious to me and they are all struggling with finances and family problems. Pray for the nutrition center as a whole that they would thrive and raise money to keep it running.

No comments:

Post a Comment