Friday, July 27, 2012

Back to Katalemwa



We got to go back to Katalemwa rehabilitation home this Friday for a half day. Katelemwa was the first outing we got to go to when the team got here and it was very hard. There were so many kids and little staff and a huge range of disabilities. It was very difficult. But I’m so thankful that after two long months we go to go back and see these people again.

We gathered some kids up and Richie read the story of Jesus loving the little children and Moses sang songs while Joseph beat on the drums (as always)! The kids got to play with play dough and color pages of Moses and the burning bush. It was really great. Then we washed some windows for them and I snuck away from the group for a bit to go find my girls.

The last time I was here I changed bandages of maybe 8 girls and a boy. I saw Beatrice, Hope, and Janice from last time! It was so neat. Two months ago I sang praise songs while cleaning their wounds and they remembered! They remembered me and they remembered the songs. They asked me “sing for me the song” it was so neat because I even forgot about singing with them and I forgot which songs I sang but they remembered. They remembered this American song that they only heard once. It was “Lord, I Need You” so we sang songs together and laughed about life and boys. Their legs are healing and their faces seem brighter and happier. Please keep praying for them.


Janice, me and Hope Reunited!


No comments:

Post a Comment