Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Dangerous!


Today was grocery shopping day but we had to take Fauziya to the dentist first! When Brenda heard she ran up to me this morning and told me “Fauziya’s going to the dangerous today!”

Momma Esther just passed her driving test! But it takes a long time to get her permit in the mail so today when Moses, Esther, Laura, and I took Fauziya to the dentist Esther got to drive through the neighborhood a bit but not on any roads with police! She did great! Hahah but she learned to drive in a small car so trying to get the huge van out the gate was harder than you’d think! It was fun though and I’m so proud of her! Also Fauziya got a filling but she didn’t even cry! She is such a big girl!

Esther driving!!!

Auntie Laura and Fauziya

I thought this was interesting. Everywhere you go in Uganda the scaffolding looks the same! Its just wooden beams everywhere! The beams aren't even beams, they are just trees. Its really scary how the construction workers just balance and walk on these beams all the time!








The girls rollin out the Chapat!

Our pizza! Despite it's greasy appearance this tasted really good!














































Every Saturday night the American team tries to make a dish for everyone but with limited ingredients and brands we’ve never heard of they usually end up tasting a bit different than expected. This Saturday we made pizza on Chapat! Capat is African tortilla bread stuff. We used mozzarella cheese blocks the cheapest we could find (it’s so expensive here). This meal was the first time I’ve had cheese since I’ve been here! And for a girl who loves cheese so much (I was even in cheese club in high school) I could not wait! We also put some minced meat on it. It turned out really good! It was kind of hard to eat because it was so floppy but of course Saidel invented the taco fold method before any of us figured it out! It was great! This week we’ll be making spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread! I can’t wait!  

Honestly though the food here isn’t that bad and luckily God gave me a love a of rice months before I came! And posho just tastes like rice to me so it’s all good!  Some lady in pre-school shoved rice down my throat and I threw up on her so I never tied rice again because I thought I didn’t like it. But then last semester I tried it again and became obsessed! You can ask all my friends! I would be watching a TV show where they would be eating rice so I’d have go to get it right away. And I was always in the mood for rice. It was really weird. It all happened at just the right time for me to fall in love with rice though because we eat it everyday here. It’s totally from the Lord! I remember me and my roommate Kim looking up “the rice diet” on Google to see if it was healthy for me to be eating it every meal!  And I’m totally onthe rice diet now and lovin it! Thank you Jesus for preparing my stomach!

1 comment:

  1. glad the food is filling for you as it sounds like you guys use up a lot of energy each day!

    ReplyDelete