Tuesday, July 24, 2012


The Go Now team is leaving the 24th early in the morning.  I’m going to miss them so much.  I still have some time left here but the rotation schedule we’ve been on stops once they leave because I will be mainly at the house with the kids. I’m excited to be alone with the kids again. I know this time won’t be as stressful or overwhelming as when I was alone that first week. I was new to Africa, new to the kids, and hadn’t figured anything out yet so I think that’s why it was so hard my first days here. This time I think it will be easier even though the kids go on holiday from school three days after they leave so it will be all kids all the time haha. Anyway start praying for my last weeks here and for safe travels for the Go Now team.

Today was my last day at the Kireka boarding school for kids with disabilities. I was so sad leaving these sweet kiddos that I have grown so close to. The first part of the day I was by myself in a class with six kids screaming and running around like crazy! But you gotta love ‘em! They are so amazing. Then it was time for PE class which is so fun. We just huddle around in a circle and play clapping games and dancing games along with some jumping jack exercises too.


I'm going to miss these smiles

All of us circled up for PE

Arnold















This is Arnold. He is a big boy! Really really big! haha I love him to death. I tell him I love you every time I see him and his response is always so genuine and sweet. "I oove oo tooo" he says. He is so goofy. He dances saucy-ly when ever he gets the chance and his hugs are so strong and sincere. It was so hard telling him goodbye.
playing with play dough on a mat outside


After lunch I hung out with teacher Justine and Teacher Christine in the sowing class and got to just be with the kids while they sowed. The sowing class has really high functioning kids with disabilities who are so nice and fun to talk to and they really enjoy sowing. They make all sorts of crafts and clothes for the kireka craft store. I cut out yarn strips for their next latch hook craft and got to chat with the teachers about life and the Lord. It was really a great last day. I’m going to miss everyone at Kireka so very much.


1 comment:

  1. Arnold reminds me of big Michael at Grace! Praying for you that your last few weeks will be wonderful for you and the kids.

    ReplyDelete