Monday, July 16, 2012


Today was really good. It started off being kind of slow and I felt a little homesick because I missed stupid things like being able to talk on the phone to anyone as long as I want and not having to consider the 8 hr time difference either. I also missed my dogs and Whataburger 2 piece chicken strip baskets (with gravy). Anyway it was dumb. I’m over it. As soon as all the kids were sitting around me eating breakfast with smiling, freshly buttered faces I felt much more at home. On the walk to school Joel remembered that he didn’t do his homework and was devastated. I mean really really upset! I was kinda proud of how much he cared about it but I felt really bad for not reminding him. Anyway, it was me and Taylor's day to watch the kids at home. Don, carol, and Emma are the only 3 with us in the morning because they’re too young to go to school. After they ate we took our time drinking African tea and chatting we decided to break out an obstacle course. I’ve wanted to do one with the kids for a while now but never really had the chance. We laid the tires out to hop in, the jump rope to balance beam across and a ball to throw into a bucket. The course was good but it lacked some pizazz. So we found some feather boas in the cabinet and incorporated them into our game! It was actually really fun!




After that we made Momma Monica a 3 tiered construction paper cake because it was her birthday!
 
 
 
Then we made her a real cake!
 
The rest of the morning was easy! We read books, played outside some more, read more books and tried to get baby Abby to walk.

Once the kids from school got home it felt like the day really started. They ate lunch and took a nap. We played try to roll the soccer ball between Auntie Jessica’s legs for a while and looked at bugs and leaves while we ate mangoes! 

Our activity was rough today. I showed them another kids Answers poster about sea turtles and read them the fun facts. And then we attempted to make our own turtles with paper plates as shells. It didn’t work out so well. I think there were too many pieces and the glue wasn’t sticking! Haha we had so many legs fall off that we told the kids “Its ok! In real life sea turtles loose legs all the time because of boats and stuff!” haha they weren’t convinced. But the turtles look really cute on the wall! Taylor read a turtle story from her Kendel and they thought that was amazing and were so quiet the whole time. Then I helped Joel with his homework to avoid another tearful walk to school.

We made Monica and everyone some spaghetti and cheesy bread for dinner again. I thought it was good but I don’t know…Monica went around and squirted all their spaghetti with lots of ketchup. I guess they don’t like it as much. But they ate it and then we all got cake! And dancing time was extra exciting because of all that sugar!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment