Saturday, July 21, 2012

Watoto


Ok. Honestly I am so overwhelmed trying to write this post. I don’t even know where to start!

We went to the Watoto orphanage tour and it was so inspiring. I am just completely amazed at what this church is doing for widows and orphans. I literally don’t understand how it could even be possible. Watoto has set up whole villages with homes grouped in clusters of 9 houses and each house has 8 orphans and a house mom who is a widow. The houses are set up in circles with a yard in the middle to encourage community. They have their own schools, church, basketball courts, soccer fields, nurses clinics this place is incredibly huge! And they have 3! Three villages! They care for a total of 2600 orphans. And they’re goal is to raise the next generation of Ugandan leaders. There are no adoptions. They live in the home until they are grown and get a job and even then they can stay if they want to. Blah there is just so much information and so many amazing details that I just can’t put them all down. We also visited 2 Watoto babies homes! Goodness today was incredible! I have to tell you about it in person because there is just so much good that Watoto is doing!  

This is at one of the baby's homes! there were SO MANY
BABIES! I almost died. It was so fun getting to hold and
feed them! and the place was incredibly clean and nice!
There is one nurse to every two babies! how awesome!

My favorite picture of Laura!

I fell in love with this little boy :)


I hung out with a lot of the special needs babies. They were so sweet.

This is the Suubi babies home! It was so nice. I felt so overwhelmed at how nice these places were. Its so incredible.

The view from the Suubi villages!

Here is one of the clusters!
 Visit Laura's blog! She is such a good explainer! haha
http://merrydays.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/baby-watoto/
http://merrydays.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/watoto-childrens-villages/




1 comment:

  1. Yours and Laura's stories show us that there is so much love and hope for these children that were born with no future. Thanks for taking time and pictures to share with us.

    ReplyDelete